Monday, December 26, 2011

Putting it Together IV

Merry Christmas everyone,

Well the weather around here in Wisconsin is amazingly warm for Christmas. It's the day after Christmas and I think it got up to 47 degrees.  So that means I was able to heat the garage enough to work on the camper today and will likely do the same tomorrow.  Anyway, the goal today was to start putting up the interior paneling on the outside walls.  That probably sounds confusing, doesn't it.  If so, take a look at the pictures and maybe that will help. The theory here is that I will finish the inside walls so that I can start building the interior cabinets and fixtures.  After those are ready I can still run the wires where needed and install the insulation because the outside aluminum skin has not been attached yet.
Above is a picture taken from the inside. The openings are for the fridge, furnace water heater and the window which will end up being over the sink.

Above is a picture taken from the outside showing the same wall.

Above I have attached the refrigerator enclosure and have temporarily installed the "kitchen" window.  I needed the window installed so that I can calculate the exact height for the Formica counter top that will be installed below the window.

In the back of the camper I have started to calculate the exact location of the dinette which will also convert into a full size bed.

Not sure if I'll get any more done this year, but will post again if more progress is made.

Happy New Year everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment